Yoga Teachers : Six Months of Coaching and Mentoring
After creating and launching this course in a Central London location (beginning in January 2020), the course sold out so quickly that I decided to host an identical, second run of the course with A Fine Balance Studio in RM14 (beginning in February 2020).
I will likely bring the course back to Central London at a later date, so watch this space, or reach out to me directly for more details.
Friday, 28th February – Friday, 24th July 2020
£495 Per Person
Pay in full via the link below, or secure your place with a deposit of £75 followed by 3 instalments of £140.
A six-month coaching and mentoring course for any teacher that has completed a 200 hour YTT. An intimate course led by Advanced Teacher Catherine Weston. This special course is for teachers that want to thrive.
If you are not sure what is next, reached a plateau or need inspiration – it will help you to develop, refine your teaching skills and enrich your classes.
What Does It Cover?
This course is very practical and includes:
• Class planning and theming
• Intelligent creative sequencing
• Alignment principles and posture modifications
• Injury prevention and managing injuries in class
• Maintaining a viable career as a yoga teacher
• CV writing
• Retreat organising and planning
• Hosting workshops
• Managing class niggles and temperamental students
What is Included?
• Expert support via 6 x 3 hour group coaching sessions
• Handouts and homework
• Catherine will attend at least one of your public classes and provide constructive feedback to develop your teaching skills
• Catherine will be contactable between sessions for ongoing support
You will grow in confidence, discover your own authenticity, unique voice, vocabulary and sense of self.
The course will be held at A Fine Balance, a small boutique studio in Upminster. It is limited to a small collaborative group.
173 St Mary’s Lane, Upminster, RM14 3BL (25 mins into central London – District Line and C2C).
The course runs for 6 months from 10.30am – 1.30pm on Fridays (starts 28th Feb).
• Friday 28th Feb
• Friday 27th March
• Friday 24th April
• Friday 29th May
• Friday 26th June
• Friday 24th July
The course costs £495.
Pay in full via the link below or secure your place with a deposit of £75 followed by 3 installments of £140 due:
• 1st Feb
• 1st Mar
• 1st Apr
*Deposit and course fees are non-refundable or transferable. You commit to the full payment by signing up.
Yoga Teacher Training : 85hr Prenatal Yoga
Course 1 :
16th – 20th March 2020 | 23th – 26th March 2020
Course 2 : 7th – 11th September | 14th – 17th September 2020
Set over 85 hours across 9 days, this Yoga Alliance accredited teacher training is designed to provide participants with a comprehensive background on the subject, as well as the tools required to teach safe, practical and effective classes.
Participants will learn how to use intelligent sequencing to confidently guide pregnant women through their prenatal journey and beyond, on both a physical and emotional level. The course helps develop a thorough understanding of the physical and biological changes in prenatal bodies, and awareness in postnatal bodies. Participants will be shown how to implement best practices in prenatal yoga, and will learn techniques for supporting and empowering both mums-to-be and new mums, providing them with the knowledge and tools needed to ease fatigue and build on their awareness of the emotional highs and lows bought on by pregnancy, and later in caring for an infant.
85 hours (Yoga Alliance Accredited)
9 days onsite
7 hours (class observation and planning)
200 hour Teacher Training
Participants will learn how to…
• Deliver safe and effective prenatal classes
• Adapt an open yoga class to support prenatal needs
• Integrate tools for postnatal mums into open classes
• Teach one-to-one prenatal lessons
• Confidently offer adaptations to yoga postures to keep classes inclusive
The course content includes…
• Practical teaching time
• Prenatal class planning
• Safe and effective prenatal sequences that are fully inclusive to all prenatal bodies
• Prenatal anatomy and physiology
• Effective breathing techniques for pregnancy, labour and postpartum deep relaxation
• Establishing, advertising and delivering prenatal classes Common ailments during pregnancy and post-birth
• Postnatal yoga- and Pilates-inspired movements focused on re-establishing core strength, toning the pelvic floor, whole body realignment and joint stability
• Technical understanding of the pelvic anatomy and diastasic rectus
• Postnatal recovery adaptations for caesarean births
• Exam covering course content
• Two class observations and write-ups to be completed within 2 weeks of attending the course
• Three class plans to be completed within 2 weeks of attending the course